Sunday 7 January 2018

My 2018 Goals

omg, it's 2018. 

2017 went so incredibly quickly and was the best year of my life so far. I was going to do a reflection post on it but I've left it way too late now so I thought I would do a 2018 goals one instead. 

The reason I have decided to do this is because a professor I have last semester said that if you wish things into existence and write them down, then you are more likely to make them happen. I want 2018 to be better than 2017 which is going to be such a hard task, so I am going to make some pretty ambitious goals and hopes for the year ahead. I only have five because I actually want to focus on them and make them happen. 

1. To Travel

This was my number one aim of last year and is my number 1 aim of this year. In 2017 I visited Amsterdam, Cyrus, Geneva, France, Montreal, Coaticook, New York, Toronto, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant and so many new places in the UK, making it my most travelled year. I want to make 2018 full of more new places and new countries as I feel like it may be one of my last year to do so without restrictions in terms of work commitments, etc (real work, not uni). This year I want to visit Ottawa, Banff, maybe Vancouver, Chicago, Boston, Florida and some of the Islands off of the Southern US. I also want to visit more places in the UK and Europe. 

2. To do well in University

In 2018 I will finish second year and start my final year, so my grades are very important. I am aiming to do a lot better in my second semester at McGill than I did in my first, and then smash it when I'm back in Notts.

3. To Get Fitter

Something I really want to do this year is to get fitter and eat healthier. I have eaten so much rubbish over Christmas so I definitely need to start eating better and I want to do more exercise as well. I bought a FitBit today (new year new me and all that), and I am determined to use that to help me get a bit healthier. 

4. To be more Positive

I feel like this has been a running theme of the blog as I am such a negative person but I really want to change that. 2018 will be my year of positivity. 

5. To Cook More

I am THE worst chef on the planet. All I eat at uni is pasta and it's actually a bit of a joke. I want to expand my cooking horizons this year and branch out a bit. Watch me keep eating pasta because it's cheap, lol.

I'm going to try and blog more as well, and keep you updated with how these goals are going as well as my usual monthly(ish) reflection posts and some other surprises. 

Happy New Year!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment