Wednesday 8 March 2017

Helloooo

If you're reading this, you are either someone who I forced the link for this post upon, or you're very lost on the internet - either way, welcome to my blog. I think I should start by explaining the name and title of this blog, as to an outsider I'm probably coming across as crazy.

hollylikethebush comes from a time when I introduced myself to someone by saying 'Hi, my name is Holly, like the bush,' which is potentially the most embarrassing thing I have ever done, and because I am the least creative person on the planet, I've decided to play on my embarrassment and use it as my blog address. The title of the blog might be changed at some point (although as previously mentioned, I am not very creative so this is probably the best I can do). The reason I am a lonely larch in a forest of spruces, is because at my University accommodation, all of my friends live in one block, spruces, however I live all alone in a different block, forever exiled from them.

Now that we have cleared that up I can introduce myself. My name is Holly (like the bush), and I am 19 years old. I am a first year International Management Student at The University of Nottingham, and I absolutely love it. I love to dance, and I have a part time job in retail so I have some great stories about the types of customers that I deal with. I used to have a beauty blog, but I realised that taking pictures of MAC lipsticks with my iPhone wasn't really attracting a huge audience, so I gave that up. Sometimes I like to pretend I am interested in fitness, but in reality I have been to the gym about 6 times since September and I eat my body weight in Nutella weekly. Apart from that, I am your average student, always poor, always ill and always tired.

The reason I have started this blog is because a) I need something to do in my spare time other that watch Gossip Girl for the third time, and b) because uni is the best thing ever and I want to be able to look back on my experiences and document them forever. I'm not 100% sure what this blog will be for, but I know that I want to write monthly recaps, maybe some advice for uni life, and if you're lucky, maybe one or two MAC lipstick reviews, complete with photos taken with my iPhone.

I hope to continue this blog for a long time, so stick with it, and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment