Thursday 1 March 2018

Dear February...

I cannot believe February is over already. After the eternity that was January February seemed to slip by too quickly. It was a pretty lowkey month for me, and all of us here really. Workload increased and I have just finished 2 weeks full of midterms and deadlines. We didn't leave Montreal this month (we are saving that for March), so it's been fairly boring, if exchange life can ever be called boring! 
The month started with the return of an old housemate of ours from last semester. It was so nice to see her and get a little taste of last semester back. In fact we have had three old faces return to us this month which has been lovely. 
On the first Saturday of the month, the afc (if you know you know) went for hot chocolate at a little cafe in the Plateau called 'Au Festin du Babette,' which claimed to have the best hot chocolate in Montreal. I went for the hazelnut hot chocolate which was one of the best I have ever had. We spent the morning doing what we do best, eating and drinking hot chocolate - I definitely have to go back before I leave the city. 
One Saturday night the British gals went out for dinner and I had the most amazing burger. It was also nice to spend some time with the Brits and talk about how much we are missing grass and digestive biscuits. I can see a food theme forming here and I have absolutely no regrets. 
This month was where I became a proper Canadian and went ice skating twice. The first time was at La Fontaine Park and the second at Beaver Lake, both of which were so much fun, although there is nothing that ruins your confidence like watching Canadians skate. 
We had a couple of birthdays in the house in the last couple of weeks, so spent some time celebrating those and getting together with everyone in the house.
This month I feel like I have been bleeding money because we have booked a couple of trips. A few of us are going to Boston over Easter which I am SO excited for - my inner Business nerd is crying at the idea of seeing Harvard Business School, and I'm excited to see what the city has to offer. It's always been somewhere that I have wanted to go (probably thanks to The Suite Life of Zack and Cody). Yesterday we booked a trip to Cuba for after exams, which is something I never thought I would do and have doubts about since. I'm doing my research and I think that although it will be a very different and sometimes difficult experience, I will definitely be happy that I did and I would definitely have regrets if I didn't. 

That is basically everything we did this month and I've just realised how little that is...two pictures, skating and lots of food. I always knew that February would be a pretty laid back month though, I had a lot of work to do and the weather was pretty terrible (although it's getting warmer now, just as the UK is getting snow). Because it's so short it kind of became a filler month before the excitement that is March. Spring Break is next week so I am heading off to California for a few days to see San Francisco and LA - the excitement is so real. Then a week later my grandparents are coming to Montreal which I am really looking forward to! We are going to a hockey game which will probably be my final Habs game, and I can't wait to show them Canada. Once they leave I have four days until I'm off to Boston and then March is over! It's absolutely mad that it's March, I finish at McGill at the end of April and then I'm back home for good mid May which I know will come around way too quickly. For now I am just ignoring the passing days and taking in everything that I can because I know that this will be over so soon and I'll be back home getting ready for my final year (sos help I'm not ready).

No comments:

Post a Comment